SMSC & PSHE/RSE
Dale House School is committed to the development of the Personal, Social, Health and Economic (PSHE) needs of our children. We have developed a curriculum specifically for the children of our local community. Our model promotes a quality, broad and knowledge-rich curriculum with the holistic needs of the children at its heart.
Through our motto ‘Let Our Little Light Shine’, children develop their social and emotional resilience.
Dale House School recognises that the spiritual, moral, social and cultural element of students’ education is crucial to their development as an individual, allowing them to take their rightful place in their community as a local, national and global citizen. SMSC is about the values students are encouraged to hold, their attitude towards learning, knowledge and society. SMSC is fundamental in preparing young people for society and at Dale House School students are helped to develop positive attitudes and beliefs by being given opportunities to:
• Develop spiritual values and reasoned personal and moral values.
• Consider the pluralistic nature of society; developing their understanding and respect for those with different religions, beliefs and ways of life.
• Value everyone equally.
• Create and develop personal relationships, based on trust, self-esteem and mutual respect.
• Become active, responsible citizens in a democratic society.
• Develop an appreciation of human achievements and aspirations.
• Develop an understanding of the world in which they live and the interdependence of individuals, groups nations and the environment.